||[Jan. 31st, 2008|03:21 pm]
I've been a slacker at posting weekly, I know. In the meantime, here's a recap of how the semester's going...
And that's my current life in a nutshell.
- School is great. Mostly gen eds (Psychology with Dr. Howard, Western Civ with MrsDr. Fortner, Aerobics with Mrs. McGaha, Art Appreciation with Dr. Adams), plus my last Bible (Research for Vocational Ministry with Dr. Guy) and one of two remaining "Applied Sciences" classes for my 2nd area of emphasis (Human Nutrition with Dr. Fisher).
- The gen eds are all right. Psychology reminds me of 12th grade psychology - except I enjoyed it back then. Western Civ with a Fortner? What's not to love? The woman's a genius, and I love her and the class. Art is so-so; he tries so hard to make it interesting, so I'll give him credit for that.
- Bible is a joke. Since I was a "real" Bible major before, I've had everything we're going through already. Greek, library and internet research, blah blah blah. Plus, Nathan Guy was once my CBC crush, at age 9. I hope he doesn't remember - I made a total fool of myself, sending flowers and notes and all that rot. When he finally gave me a hug, I immediately spun around and told my girlfriends, "I'm never washing this shirt again!" In the middle of the craft shack, no less. Thank God we're both grown and married now.
- Human Sexuality would be better if it weren't for all the male kinesiology majors who have to take it in the event that they teach high school health/p.e. They giggle and smirk at everything, and I want to punch them for being so immature.
- Work is awesome. Was promoted to temporary Sales Leader during Thanksgiving, so I got a dollar raise and got to run my own segments. Now the store manager loves me, and we get along, and I love my other managers, and we get along, and I'll be able to work my way up in the future. Not sure if it's something I want as a career, but I love Bath and Body Works in a big way. Plus, the 30% discount there and 20% at Vicki's Secret is excellent!
- Married life is good. Everyday, I realize just how immature I am, and how patient Chris is with me. We still hvae our spats, but not so much over stupid, trivial things like the first year. We're both maturing, as individuals and as partners. It's great.
- We bought a house in August, and it's beautiful. We're still painting a couple of the rooms, and unpacking the neverending boxes, but it's been fun. Except for this past Tuesday, when the 60mph winds knocked down one of our fences, which is making the live os our puppies miserable. Speaking of the puppies...
- Simon and River are getting fixed in exactly one week, poor things. No knocked-up doggie mamas in my house! I feel so bad for them - not just because they're having their sexuality ripped from them, but because Simon is definitely trying to act on his urges, and River is definitely /not/ in heat, and they are definitely cooped up together inside because of the fence being down and it being too cold to keep them in their outside pen all the time. I hope it warms up by the weekend...
- I'm finally using my .mac account! As soon as I've got my homepage up and running, I'll link it here.
- This Christmas, we'll be going to Florida to see Chris' dad and paternal grandparents. Then on the 28th, my mom and dad are flying down to spend "Christmas" and their 25th anniversary (12/31) with us at Disneyworld! I'm psyched, and already have all our park days, rides, and meals planned out - with some wiggle room, of course. It'll be amazing!
- This summer, Chris and I are going to California for our family vacation. Going to see his great-aunt and attend Saddleback with her, hit up Disneyland and Anaheim, supposedly Knott's Berry Farm, the San Diego Zoo, and whatever else Chris drags me to. Christmas at Disney is all up to me; California is all his. See, we get along so well now!
And we are both walking at May graduation - May 10, 2008 at 10am in the Ganus Athletic Center. If you're brave enough to brave the crowds, we'd love to get picture with you afterwards!